Brocton Camp, Cannock Chase

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1915

Description:The Officers' Huts of "R" and "S" Lines are positioned aside each other off Camp Road close to Bednall Belt, in the distance is the junction of Chase Road. The three people in the foreground appear in a number of postcards across the Camp so must have accompanied the photographer on the day. To the right of the road can be seen the military railway line spur that came up from Springslade Cafe. Besides joining both Camps and two main lines, the railway had numerous spurs that delivered supplies or construction materials.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:13_106r (215/36541)

Source: Mr Jake Whitehouse

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.