Flag Tower, Alton Towers

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1910 - 1920 (c.)

Description:The Flag Tower stands five storeys high and and at one time served to provide excellent views of the surrounding countryside. It occupies the highest point of Bunbury Hill to the west of the house.

The architect Joseph Ireland, whose other work included several Catholic churches in the county, is reputed to have designed the Tower. In 1810 the foundation stone was laid, although it was not completed for another ten years.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:01_070r (214/36361)

Source: Mr Jake Whitehouse

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.