Potteries Loop Line, Cobridge

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:November 1963

Description:The view north from the Sneyd Street bridge over the Potteries Loop Line. Leek New Road bridge is the centre, with the advertising hoardings along to the left. On the right hand edge is the Progress Foundry building (no longer a foundry) and the bottle oven behind belongs to the Moorcroft factory on Sandbach Road. On the extreme right hand edge is the winding gear and chimney of Sneyd Colliery.

The next station along the Loop Line is Cobridge, immediately beyond, and mostly hidden by, Leek New Road bridge. The signal box is clearly visible beyond the station. From here the next stop was Burslem Station. This part of the line was opened in 1873, with Cobridge station opening in 1875, and closed to passengers in 1964.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/127-12 (204/35789)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.