Freemason's Hall, Waterloo Road, Burslem

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:December 1963

Description:Ther Freemason's Hall building stands on the west side of Waterloo Road, just south of Cleveland Street. The building next door to the right was the Palladium Cinema, originally the Burslem Cinema Theatre, which closed in the 1940s and has been largely demolished.

This hall dates from 1919 but there was a Masons' Arms Inn in St John's Square, Burslem from 1805. The building later became a nightclub, a bookmakers and an Indian restaurant. To the left is the entrance to the "North Staffs Irish Club".

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/114-11 (204/35578)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.