The Hollybush Inn, Brereton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1992

Description:This seventeenth century building stands on Colliery Road at Brereton Slade, near Rugeley. From around 1800 it had become the local public house, serving miners from nearby Brereton Collieries. When the last colliery closed in 1960 the Hollybush survived another few years, finally closing in 1965. The owners, Bank's Brewery of Wolverhampton sold this grade 2 listed property to Mr and Mrs. J. Leadbeater, and it flourished as an antique shop into the 1990s. In 2002 a new owner bought and renovated the property reinstating the thatched roof.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Miss Dorothy Roberts - Contributor

Donor ref:BM-DR-201 (192/35455)

Source: Mr Bob Metcalfe

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.