Bowls Club, Eccleshall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1895 - 1900 (c.)

Description:The bowling green was located at the rear of the Royal Oak Inn on High Street.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1900s
F.H. Burgess, agricultural engineers, Eccleshall
F.H. Burgess, agricultural engineers, Eccleshall

A name plate from an agricultural implement made or supplied by Frederick H. Burgess, ...

1930s
Burgess' ironmonger's shop, Stafford Street, Eccleshall
Burgess' ironmonger's shop, Stafford Street, Eccleshall

F.H. Burgess's first shop in Eccleshall, which opened in 1900 on Stafford Street. ...

1950s
Canvassing during a General Election, Eccleshall
Canvassing during a General Election, Eccleshall

Major Hugh Fraser, Conservative candidate, successfully contested the Stafford Constituency ...

1980s
Stafford Street, Eccleshall
Stafford Street, Eccleshall

On the left is the King's Arms which was originally named The Unicorn. Its neo-Elizabethan ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:PT-012 (194/34949)

Source: Mr Pat Trevor

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.