Belstaff factory, Silverdale

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1990

Description:Pictured is the interior of the Belstaff clothing factory on High Street, Silverdale. Belstaff of Longton was a clothing manufacturer specialising in high performance waterproof jackets. The company was founded in Longton in 1924 by Eli Belovitch and his son-in-law Harry Grosberg. They were the first company to produce waxed cotton all weather jackets aimed at motorcyclists. The Silverdale factory opened in 1953 specifically to manufacture the Black Prince motorcycle jacket, but later diversified into goggles, gloves and other weatherproof garments and later into golf wear. The Longton and Silverdale factories closed in the early 1990s and by 2011 the company had become part of the Italian owned Mogliano Veneto group.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:(201/32417)

Source: Staffordshire County Record Office

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.