Shrewsbury Arms, Eastgate Street, Stafford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1961

Description:The Shrewsbury Arms at 75 Eastgate Street, on the corner of Pitcher Bank, advertising Joule's Stone Ales.

From the County Archaeology photograph collection held at Staffordshire Record Office.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1790s
Performance Advertisement, New Stafford Theatre
Performance Advertisement, New Stafford Theatre

Advertisement for two plays preformed in the fist year of the New Stafford Theatre ...

1820s
Calendar of Prisoners at Quarter Sessions, Stafford
Calendar of Prisoners at Quarter Sessions, Stafford

The courts of Quarter Sessions were established in 1362 and sat for over 600 years ...

1900s
Free Trade office, Stafford
Free Trade office, Stafford

Pictured in front of the Free Trade Union offices at 65 Eastgate Street, covered ...

1930s
Pageant of Transport exhibition, Stafford
Pageant of Transport exhibition, Stafford

Visitors in a Russian Sleigh lent by the Earl of Shrewsbury as part of the 'Pageant ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Staffordshire County Record Office

Donor ref:C/P/65/6/1/45/106 (201/32146)

Source: Staffordshire County Record Office

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.