Dedication of Stafford War Memorial

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1922

Description:The dedication and unveiling of the Stafford Borough War Memorial in Victoria Square 1922. The tower of St. Mary's Church is in the background.

The Borough War Memorial was unveiled in 1922 in memory of the Stafford men who lost their lives in the First World War. The statue of a soldier originally faced the railway station, from which many of the soldiers had departed to fight. After the building of the new Crown Courts the soldier was turned to face St. Mary's Church.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:19.2.20621 (201/31598)

Source: Staffordshire County Record Office

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.