Ceramic Display, Wedgwood Museum, Barlaston, (2)

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1985

Description:In 1985 the extended museum galleries were opened at the Wedgwood pottery factory by Sir David Wilson, then Director of the British Museum in London.

This is a partial reconstruction of the Wedgwood London Showrooms, which were located in York Street, St. James' Square, from 1796 to 1829.

Photograph by courtesy of the Trustees of the Wedgwood Museum, Barlaston, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1930s
Model of the New Wedgwood Factory at Barlaston,
Model of the New Wedgwood Factory at Barlaston,

Model of the new Wedgwood factory and estate at Barlaston. Josiah Wedgwood (1730 ...

1960s
Coopers' Initiation Ceremony, Wedgwood Factory, Barlaston,
Coopers' Initiation Ceremony, Wedgwood Factory, Barlaston,

This ceremony was known as 'trussing the cooper'. The newly qualified cooper ...

1980s
Ceramic Display, Wedgwood Museum, Barlaston, (1)
Ceramic Display, Wedgwood Museum, Barlaston, (1)

In 1985 the extended museum galleries were opened at the Wedgwood pottery factory ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Wedgwood Museum

Donor ref:Wedgwood No., L0259-1, img: 2783 (18/3158)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.