Long Gallery, Wedgwood Museum, Barlaston,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1950 - 1960 (c.)

Description:The 'Corridor of Ceramics', also known as the Long Gallery.

This was the site of the first museum at Barlaston, although there had been a previous museum at the Etruria factory since 1906.

The Long Gallery was operational from the 1950s, until it was replaced by the new Museum and Visitor Centre complex in September 1975.

Photograph by courtesy of the Trustees of the Wedgwood Museum, Barlaston, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.


The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

Model of the New Wedgwood Factory at Barlaston,
Model of the New Wedgwood Factory at Barlaston,

Model of the new Wedgwood factory and estate at Barlaston. Josiah Wedgwood (1730 ...

Aerial View of the Wedgwood Factory, Barlaston,
Aerial View of the Wedgwood Factory, Barlaston,

Josiah Wedgwood (1730 - 1795) began his apprenticeship as a potter in 1744. He ...

Wedgwood Museum Gallery, Barlaston,
Wedgwood Museum Gallery, Barlaston,

The first 'new' museum at the Wedgwood factory, which was a major part of the Visitor ...

View Location


Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Wedgwood Museum

Donor ref:Wedgwood No., P0111-1, img: 2767 (18/3142)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.