White Lion Inn, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1885 - 1890 (c.)

Description:The White Lion Inn was built on the site of the medieval St. John's Hospital and Chapel; the rear structure of the inn included stonework from the old chapel.

The inn was demolished in 1976 to make way for the Queensway ring road.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1920s
Lichfield Road, Stafford,
Lichfield Road, Stafford,

This cottage stood opposite Green Hall. A garage now occupies this site. The ...

1950s
White Lion Inn, Stafford,
White Lion Inn, Stafford,

The White Lion Inn was built on the site of the medieval St. John's Hospital and ...

1970s
Forebridge Lock-up, Stafford,
Forebridge Lock-up, Stafford,

The lock-up on Lichfield Road dates from the early eighteenth century. It was built ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:SAMS Acc. No., P2000.22.28, img: 2670 (18/3045)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.