Advertisement for the Bath Hotel, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1929

Description:Advertisement for the Baths Hotel on Greengate Street, built in the 1890s. Baths Hotel later became Seamus O' Donell's Irish Bar which closed 2001 and in 2012 is now called The Tavern.

The photograph is of Tom Buxton, the proprietor.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1870s
Bridge Street, Stafford
Bridge Street, Stafford

View from Green Bridge towards Chetwynd House. Mr Jenkinson, a baker and confectioner, ...

1900s
Royal Brine Baths, Stafford
Royal Brine Baths, Stafford

In the 1880s a thick bed of salt was discovered on Stafford Common, during the search ...

1920s
Greengate Street and Mill Bank Corner, Stafford,
Greengate Street and Mill Bank Corner, Stafford,

View showing Henry Mercer's saddlers shop and the Baths Hotel on Greengate Street. In ...

1930s
George VI's Coronation Decorations, Bridge Street, Stafford,
George VI's Coronation Decorations, Bridge Street, Stafford,

1950s
Brine Swim, Royal Brine Baths, Stafford,
Brine Swim, Royal Brine Baths, Stafford,

In the 1880s a thick bed of salt was discovered on Stafford Common, during the search ...

1970s
Burgess' Engineers, Stafford,
Burgess' Engineers, Stafford,

Burgess' Agricultural and Horticultural Engineers on Bridge Street. The building ...

Related themes:

Advertisements
View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:P80.003.0016 (18/3020)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.