Advertisement for the Bath Hotel, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.


Description:Advertisement for the Baths Hotel on Greengate Street, built in the 1890s. Baths Hotel later became Seamus O' Donell's Irish Bar which closed 2001 and in 2012 is now called The Tavern.

The photograph is of Tom Buxton, the proprietor.


The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

Bridge Street, Stafford
Bridge Street, Stafford

View from Green Bridge towards Chetwynd House. Mr Jenkinson, a baker and confectioner, ...

Royal Brine Baths, Stafford
Royal Brine Baths, Stafford

In the 1880s a thick bed of salt was discovered on Stafford Common, during the search ...

Greengate Street and Mill Bank Corner, Stafford,
Greengate Street and Mill Bank Corner, Stafford,

View showing Henry Mercer's saddlers shop and the Baths Hotel on Greengate Street. In ...

Chetwynd House, Stafford,
Chetwynd House, Stafford,

Chetwynd House was built around 1712-1715 by William Chetwynd, 3rd Viscount Chetwynd ...

Mercer's Saddlers Shop, Stafford,
Mercer's Saddlers Shop, Stafford,

Mercer's shop on the corner of Bridge Street and Mill Bank, established in 1910. In ...

Related themes:

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:P80.003.0016 (18/3020)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.