Hagley Hall, Rugeley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1831

Description:This steel engraving pictures Hagley Hall, Rugeley. Drawn by J.P. Neal, engraved by W. Watkins and hand coloured, it was published in 1831 by Jones & Co., London. At this time the Hon Robert Curzon M.P. occupied Hagley although it was his father Sir Assheton Curzon who had extensively remodelled the house and grounds. In 1919, the Hall was sold to the South Staffordshire Waterworks Company. In 1932 they demolished most of the property leaving just the centre section.

Share:


Donor ref:(190/29537)

Source: Mr John Fisher

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.