Bagot Almshouses, Abbots Bromley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1973

Description:On the left are the Bagot Almshouses, built in 1705 through a bequest from local landowner Lambard Bagot. Originally intended to house six elderly men, who were given a quarterly allowance and, every two years, a new coat, with 'LB' embroidered on the pocket. The Almshouses, managed by Abbots Bromley Hospital Trustees, have continued to provide accomodation for men and women of reduced circumstances.

The Almshouses have had many alterations over the years, and in 2013-14 were completely refurbished.

Beyond can be seen the timber-framed Church House.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:(190/28315)

Source: Mr John Fisher

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.