All Saints' Church, Grindon

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1857

Description:Grindon church was built in 1845 to designs by the Francis brothers, replacing an older medieval building.

This is one of a series of watercolours of all the churches in Lichfield Diocese in Staffordshire, painted by Miss Theodosia Hinckes and Mrs Rebecca Moore (wife of the Archdeacon of Stafford for Lichfield Cathedral) for Lichfield Cathedral between 1857 and 1861. Reproduced by Kind Permission of the Chapter of Lichfield Cathedral who retain copyright.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Deanery watercolours, Lichfield Cathedral

Donor ref:(200/28120)

Source: Deanery watercolours, Lichfield Cathedral

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.