Beaudesert Hall and Gardens

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1900 - 1907 (c.)

Description:This postcard view of Beaudesert Hall and gardens was taken from the south west and shows the rear of the Hall and part of the gardens. The postcard was sent to an address in Rugeley.

Beaudesert Hall was the mansion of the Pagets, Marquesses of Anglesey. Its core was medieval, with later alterations. It was demolished in the early 1930s. The main staircase and much interior panelling were shipped to Australia and can be seen at a house called Carrick Hill, near Adelaide.

Beaudesert Park is an area of historic parkland, within which are the ruins of Beaudesert Hall, a walled kitchen garden, remains of a stable block, an ice house, ponds and cascades. The parkland is located on the eastern edge of Cannock Chase, Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and comprises part of the country estate owned by generations of the Paget family between 1546 and 1935.

The Beaudesert Trust own and manage Beaudesert Park and welcomes Youth organisations, such as Scouts and Guides, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, youth clubs and schools, colleges and university groups. Beaudesert Park is used for various outdoor activities and educational experiences.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Chris Gray - Contributor

Image courtesy of: Mr Bob Metcalfe

Donor ref:BM-CG-02 (192/27928)

Source: Mr Bob Metcalfe

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.