Air-Vice Marshal Worthington visits RAF Hixon

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1957

Description:This image is thought to be of Air-Vice Marshall Worthington inspecting a parade of service personal at RAF Hixon. During 1957 he became Director-General of Equipment at the Air Ministry.

RAF Hixon opened in 1942 as a base for Bomber Command for the Second World War. The Station was near to the village of Hixon and originally had three runways, hangers, a control tower and other buildings and accommodation for around 2900. After the war the airbase was used for storage of surplus RAF vehicles and later the site became an industrial estate.

Copyright for this image belongs to MOD Stafford (Ministry of Defence) and it may not be used for resale or commercial purposes without MOD Stafford’s express permission.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: MOD Stafford (The Ministry of Defence) - Contributor

Donor ref:1957-possibly-AVM-W-at-Hixo (198/27817)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.