Everards steam lorry at Burton Bridge Brewery, Burton upon Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1915 - 1925 (c.)

Description:In 1924, Everards completed its move away from rail transport to steam powered drays. These continued in use until they were replaced by petrol lorries in 1946. This steam lorry is believed to be an early Sentinel DG6.

Everards Brewery was founded by William Everard in 1849. Originally based in Leicester, the brewery moved to Burton upon Trent in 1892 and brewed at two leased sites, firstly Burton Bridge and then the Tiger Brewery in Anglesey Road, Burton upon Trent. In 1982 Everards opened a new brewery at Castle Acres, Leicester. The Tiger Brewery in Burton became the Heritage Brewery Museum in 1983 and continued to produce Tiger under contract until 1990.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr David Bull

Donor ref:(55/27667)

Source: Miscellaneous Collection

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.