Glasshouses, Darlaston Hall Estate, Stone,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1955

Description:The Darlaston estate was owned by Burton Abbey, but during the Reformation the estate was sold to James Collier, a wool merchant.

The estate was sold to William Jervis of Meaford in 1655, and it remained in the Jervis family until it was sold in 1880 to James Meakin, a pottery manufacturer. The hall was remained in the Meakin family up to 1951.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1820s
Darlaston Hall
Darlaston Hall

The Hall in this engraving was demolished and rebuilt during the 19th century. The ...

1900s
Church Party from Darlaston Hall, Stone
Church Party from Darlaston Hall, Stone

James Meakin with his family in an open carriage known as a Landau; they are dressed ...

1940s
Aerial View of Darlaston Hall, Stone,
Aerial View of Darlaston Hall, Stone,

The Darlaston estate was owned by Burton Abbey, but during the Reformation the estate ...

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Staffordshire County Records Office

Donor ref:County Record Office No., C/03/12, img: 2361 (18/2761)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.