Aerial View of Darlaston Hall, Stone,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1945 - 1955 (c.)

Description:The Darlaston estate was owned by Burton Abbey, but during the Reformation the estate was sold to James Collier, a wool merchant.

The estate was sold to William Jervis of Meaford in 1655, and it remained in the Jervis family until it was sold in 1880 to James Meakin, a pottery manufacturer. The hall was remained in the Meakin family up to 1951.

The hall is now demolished and a bungalow now occupies the site.

View Location


Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Staffordshire County Records Office

Donor ref:County Record Office No., C/03/12, img: 2356 (18/2756)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.