The Earl's Drive, Alton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1912 - 1921 (c.)

Description:Woodland scene on the Earl's Drive in the grounds of Alton Towers.

Known locally as The Pink Lodge, this building is situated a quarter of a mile west of Alton Towers (mansion house). Tudor Lodge, reputed to be one of Pugin's designs, stands close to the Italianate Lodge. The site of the former Oakamoor Station, of which all that remains now are the platforms, is also sited near to this building.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:(169/27225)

Source: Mrs Helen Frost

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.