Blessing at Knightley Church

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1941

Description:The Bishop of Lichfield blessing the church as part of its 100th anniversary celebrations.

Christ Church was built in 1840 on land given by Lord Lichfield. The architect was Thomas Trubshaw and the foundation stone was laid by the Countess of Lichfield. It was opened for public worship on July 28, 1841.

In 1941 a special centenary service was held. The preacher at the morning service was Rev. T. Royds, Rector of Haughton. The church was filled to capacity and the sermon was preached by the Bishop of Stafford. The Rev. J. H. J. Dagger Rector of Norbury, read the first lesson, and the vicar (the Rev. W. Pepper-Corn) the second. The service was conducted by the Rev. C. McCarther. Mrs. Plant was the organist and Mr. C. Plant was in charge of musical arrangements.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Eccleshall Library

Donor ref:UB-026 (55/27099)

Source: Miscellaneous Collection

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.