All Saints' Church, Trysull

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1920 - 1940 (c.)

Description:The parish church of Trysull is originally 12th century in origin, but only fragments of the building remain from this date. Major improvements were made during the 13th, 14th, 15th centuries, including an enlargement in the Norman style, in 1844.

The church building was later restored in 1889. Also in 1897, the tower was restored and a new porch built by F.W. Simon of Edinburgh.

The parish register dates back to 1561.

View Location


Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr Peter Leigh

Donor ref:981-Trysull-Church.jpg (193/26945)

Source: Mr Peter Leigh

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.