Miners Welfare Home Gates, Rudyard

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1925 - 1935 (c.)

Description:Horton Lodge was built by Stephen Chesters-Thompson in 1890. In 1894 it was bought by Mr W.A.M. Tellwright of Wolstanton, the owner of Sneyd Collieries. Between 1925 and 1948 it was the North Staffordshire Colliery Owners' Association Convalescent Home. It was then used by the Workers Educational Association for two years before being converted into a school for children with special needs.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr Neil Collingwood

Donor ref:Miners Welfare Home Gates.jpg (55/26767)

Source: Miscellaneous Collection

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.