Tufty Club stand outside the Midland Bank, Eccleshall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1961 - 1970 (c.)

Description:The Tufty Club was created in 1961 to introduce road safety to children aged under 5. Tufty Fluffytail, a red squirrel character, was created in 1953 by Elsie Mills MBE and appeared in government public information films. The success of the character led to the creation in 1961 of the Tufty Club for children under five years of age. By the early 1970s an estimated two million children were members. The Tufty Club lasted into the 1980s.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1900s
High Street, Eccleshall
High Street, Eccleshall

A busy scene looking west along High Street from the crossroads in Eccleshall. The ...

1930s
Burgess' ironmonger's shop, Stafford Street, Eccleshall
Burgess' ironmonger's shop, Stafford Street, Eccleshall

F.H. Burgess's first shop in Eccleshall, which opened in 1900 on Stafford Street. ...

1940s
Frederick H. Burgess Ltd., Eccleshall
Frederick H. Burgess Ltd., Eccleshall

Staff at Frederick H. Burgess Ltd's agricultural implement dealers, Stafford Street, ...

1980s
High Street, Eccleshall
High Street, Eccleshall

This picture was taken looking along the north side of the High Street in Eccleshall. ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr Pat Trevor

Donor ref:PT-078.jpg (194/26642)

Source: Mr Pat Trevor

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.