Tixall Church, Stafford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1910 - 1917 (c.)

Description:This postcard was published by W. H. S. & S, Stafford.

The card was posted during 1917 at Milford to an address in Egypt.

Tixall parish church of St. John had a small congregation, as the parish was dominated by the Aston family who were Catholics and had their own church (St. John the Baptist, rebuilt at Great Haywood in 1849).

The church became dilapidated and was eventually reduced in size and rebuilt in 1849.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr Bob Metcalfe

Donor ref:BM-35 (192/25995)

Source: Mr Bob Metcalfe

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.