Dedication of the War Memorial, Eccleshall,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:26th of September 1921

Description:Dedication of the First World War memorial in the churchyard of Holy Trinity Church.

The War Memorial Cross was unveiled by the Lord Lieutenant of the County (The Right Hon. The Earl of Dartmouth, P.C., K.C.B.) and dedicated by the Right Rev. The Lord Bishop of Lichfield on Monday 26th September at 5.45pm.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1860s
Holy Trinity Church Interior, Eccleshall,
Holy Trinity Church Interior, Eccleshall,

Photograph taken before the 1866 renovations. Holy Trinity Church dates from ...

1900s
Holy Trinity Church Interior, Eccleshall,
Holy Trinity Church Interior, Eccleshall,

Holy Trinity Church dates from the twelfth century. The chancel was replaced in ...

1930s
Holy Trinity Church Interior, Eccleshall,
Holy Trinity Church Interior, Eccleshall,

Entrance to the Bosville Chapel, now called the Lady Chapel, before the alterations ...

1950s
Effigy, Holy Trinity Church, Eccleshall,
Effigy, Holy Trinity Church, Eccleshall,

Effigy of Elias-de-Napton which marked his tomb in 1295 when it was in the south ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Harvey, Trevor

Donor ref:T. Harvey No., PT00056, img: 2020 (18/2462)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.