Lichfield Road, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1922

Description:This cottage stood opposite Green Hall. A garage now occupies this site.

The tall building with the bay window is now an antiques shop.

Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1880s
White Lion Inn, Stafford,
White Lion Inn, Stafford,

The White Lion Inn was built on the site of the medieval St. John's Hospital and ...

1900s
Bailey's Garage, Stafford,
Bailey's Garage, Stafford,

Bailey's Garage was on Lichfield Road. The garage later became Attwood's.

1920s
Seal of St. John's Hospital, Stafford,
Seal of St. John's Hospital, Stafford,

Medieval St. John's Hospital was on Lichfield Road, and was endowed to care for ...

1940s
Fire, Thatched Cottages on Lichfield Road, Stafford,
Fire, Thatched Cottages on Lichfield Road, Stafford,

Firemen putting out a fire in the thatch of a cottage on Lichfield Road. These ...

1970s
Forebridge Lock-up, Stafford,
Forebridge Lock-up, Stafford,

The lock-up on Lichfield Road dates from the early eighteenth century. It was built ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Staffordshire County Records Office

Donor ref:County Record Office No., D4080/12/56, img: 1934 (18/2379)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.