Apollo cinema, Stafford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1997

Description:A view of the Odeon Cinema on the corner of the Green and Newport Road, which was opened by the Earl and Countess of Shrewsbury in 1936. The opening gala was concluded with a showing of Charlie Chaplin's 'Modern Times'.

The cinema was sold in 1981 and it became The Astra, but now belongs to Apollo Cinemas.

Showing at the time of this photograph were Evita', 'Star Trek - First Contact', 'Matilda', 'Daylight' and '101 Dalmatians'.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Dr Anne Andrews

Donor ref:Odeon 1997.JPG (183/23244)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.