Lotus factory after demolition, Stafford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1998

Description:The Lotus shoe factory site on Sandon Road during demolition in 1998. The site is now occupied by housing.

Lotus was originally named Bostock's and was founded in the eighteenth century by Thomas Bostock, a cobbler. His three sons started their own factories in Stafford, Stone and Northampton.

Edwin Bostock's original Stafford factory was on Foregate Street. The building was destroyed by fire in 1901, but was rebuilt on Sandon Road in 1903. In 1919 the three factories amalgamated to become Lotus. The Sandon Road factory was demolished in 1998.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Dr Anne Andrews

Donor ref:Lotus Factory after demolition 1998.JPG (183/23242)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.