Cresswell Pumping Station, Draycott-in-the-Moors

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1980

Description:Cresswell Pumping Station was built between 1927 and 1932 by the Staffordshire Potteries water Board . It was officially opened in July 1932 and contained a pair of steam engines which were amongst the last to have been installed in the country. They were triple-expansion vertical steam-engines, designed by Hathorn Davey & Co Ltd, Leeds. They were replaced by electric pumps in the 1950s. The station closed in the late 1970s and much of the site has since been demolished. This picture shows the entrance to the Pump House.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Dr Anne Andrews

Donor ref:Cresswell Pump House Entrance c1980.JPG (183/23229)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.