Burton Manor, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.


Description:Burton Manor in Rising Brook was built in 1855 by Francis Whitgreave. Stonework found during excavations from Grey Friars on Foregate Street was incorporated into the house, including the stone cross over the porch.

In the 1930s the manor house was used as a social club by the British Reinforced Concrete Company, and became part of Stafford Independent Grammar School in 1982.

Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership.

View Location


Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Staffordshire County Records Office

Donor ref:County Record Office No., D4080/12/39, img: 1828 (18/2275)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.