Wooden Footbridge, Little Haywood,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1880 - 1885 (c.)

Description:The footbridge carrying Meadow Lane across the Trent was built in 1830.

Previously the river was crossed by a ford, still used by cattle and horse-drawn vehicles after the bridge was constructed.

The wooden bridge was replaced by the stone Weetman's Bridge in 1887.

Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Staffordshire County Records Office

Donor ref:County Record Office No., D4080/3/20, img: 1813 (18/2260)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.