Doorway, St. Mary's Church, Swynnerton,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1925 - 1935 (c.)

Description:The carved west doorway in the tower dates from the Norman period.

Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1900s
St. Mary's Church, Swynnerton,
St. Mary's Church, Swynnerton,

The interior of St. Mary's features a thirteenth century effigy of Sir John de Swynnerton, ...

1920s
Effigy of Sir John de Swynnerton, Swynnerton Church,
Effigy of Sir John de Swynnerton, Swynnerton Church,

The cross-legged effigy of Sir John de Swynnerton can be found in St. Mary's Church ...

1950s
Our Lady of the Assumption Chapel, Swynnerton,
Our Lady of the Assumption Chapel, Swynnerton,

This Roman Catholic chapel was built next to Swynnerton Hall in 1869. The architect ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Staffordshire County Records Office

Donor ref:County Record Office No., D4080/9/24, img: 1802 (18/2249)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.