Hunt Meet, The Manor House, Alstonefield

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1895

Description:The Manor House dates from 1750, when the middle section was built. The left hand side is early 19th century. The lords of the manor in Alstonefield were the Harpur Crewe family, and their agent lived in the Manor House.
The dogs in this photograph are beagles, which were used to hunt hares and followed on foot.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Alstonefield Local History Society

Donor ref:Manor House approx 1895 (2) (Thelluson) (173/22352)

Source: Alstonefield Local History Society

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.