Best Maintained Village Hall Competition winners, Alstonefield

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1st of December 1964 - 31st of December 1964 (c.)

Description:The Old Institute acted as village hall for Alstonefield from 1921 until the new Hall was opened in 1985. The site of the Institute is now occupied by the car park for the Peak District Housing Association houses opened in 1993.

This photograph shows Alstonefield Institute being presented with the prize for Best Maintained Village Hall at the Christmas Bazaar, 1964.

Back row, left to right: Mrs Madge, Dorothy Critchlow, Herbert Wood, Doris Goodwin, S.R.C.C. representative, Mrs Wildblood, Frank Arme.

Front row: Sandra yates, J. Simpson, heather Yates, Jill Handley, Pauline Fowler.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Alstonefield Local History Society

Donor ref:Best maintained V. Hall competition 1963 (173/22312)

Source: Alstonefield Local History Society

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.