Opening of Tutbury Museum

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1988

Description:Unveiling the plaque at the opening of Tutbury Museum. Pictured third from left is Jim Lane, the Curator.

The Museum occupies part of the Charity Offices on Duke Street, built in 1844 and known locally as 'the Soup House'.

Tutbury Museum was opened in 1988, based around objects, photographs and documents collected by Mr Aubrey Bailey. Tutbury Museum tells the story of the life and history of the village and local industries. There is a photograph and artefact collection, and displays about gypsum mining, fishing, tannery and the Fauld explosion in addition to tourist information.

This photograph is from the collections of Tutbury Museum.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:VP68 (172/22293)

Source: Tutbury Museum

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.