Detail of Chancel Screen, St. Mary's Church, Ingestre,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1950 - 1955 (c.)

Description:St. Mary's Church was built in 1676, and is the only church outside London to be attributed to Sir Christopher Wren. It was commissioned by Walter Chetwynd of Ingestre Hall. The interior still retains its original furniture and decorations.

In 1886 St. Mary's was the first church in the county which was lit by electricity, powered by the generators at Ingestre Hall.

The chancel screen is carved from oak and includes the Royal coat of arms.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:SAMS Acc. No., P66.81.11, img: 1773 (12/2222)

Source: Jeavons, S.A.

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.