Stone Road recreation ground, Longton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1905 - 1915 (c.)

Description:The recreation ground is in the process of being built. Photograph taken looking towards the Sutherland Institute. Stone Road was later renamed Lightwood Road.


The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

Longton Boys
Longton Boys

An unidentified group of boys photographed in Longton around 1900.

Coal getting, Longton
Coal getting, Longton

Coal getting during the 1926 miners' strike. Photograph taken by J.A.Lovatt on ...

Longton, looking north towards St. John's Church
Longton, looking north towards St. John's Church

St. John the Baptist Church was built in 1792-95, replacing an earlier building ...

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:(171/21595)

Source: Lovatt Collection, Stoke on Trent City Archives

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.