Shrewsbury Arms, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1975

Description:The white building on the corner of Pitcher Bank is the Shrewsbury Arms.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1680s
Stafford Viewed from Coton Hill,
Stafford Viewed from Coton Hill,

View of Stafford from the east. The churches of St. Chad's (left) and St. Mary's ...

1870s
Eastgate Street, Stafford,
Eastgate Street, Stafford,

The building under construction is the Borough Hall, completed in 1877. Here work ...

1900s
Horse Fair, Pitcher Bank, Stafford,
Horse Fair, Pitcher Bank, Stafford,

A general market, crockery market and horse and cattle fairs were held in Pitcher ...

1920s
Corporation Street School Christmas Concert, Stafford,
Corporation Street School Christmas Concert, Stafford,

Christmas concert performed at the Borough Hall, Eastgate Street. Corporation ...

1950s
Castle Inn, Stafford,
Castle Inn, Stafford,

The Castle Inn on Eastgate Street, demolished in the 1960s. The site was redeveloped ...

1980s
Weights and Measures at Work, Stafford
Weights and Measures at Work, Stafford

Some commodities such as petrol, coal, food and drink are sold by weight, measure ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:SAMS Acc. No., slide 85, img: 1666 (18/2115)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.