View of the Castle from Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1975

Description:View of Stafford Castle, taken from the end of Chell Road.

The white building in the centre is the Sir Robert Peel public house on South Street.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1830s
River Sow and Stafford Town from the West,
River Sow and Stafford Town from the West,

View of Stafford from the west. In the centre can be seen the Broad Eye windmill, ...

1920s
Broad Eye Windmill, Stafford,
Broad Eye Windmill, Stafford,

Brandon Brothers' greengrocers shop in the Broad Eye windmill. Broad Eye corn ...

1940s
Sir Robert Peel Public House, Stafford
Sir Robert Peel Public House, Stafford

The Sir Robert Peel was on the corner of Peel Street (on the right) and South Street. The ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:SAMS Acc. No., slide 42, img: 1649 (18/2099)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.