Bamfords Ltd office staff, Uttoxeter

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.


Description:Bamfords Ltd office staff group. Frank Hollins 7th from right on the back row. He fought at the battle of Passchendaele, was captured by the Germans and spent the rest of the war in a Prisoner of War camp in Germany. When he came back in 1919 joined Bamfords as a clerk (his father and all his uncles worked there too). On his retirement the job was taken over by his son.

Bamfords was founded in 1871 by Henry Bamford and made water pumps, taps and agricultural machinery. Joseph Cyril Bamford split off from the Bamford company in 1945 to set up what has become known as JCB - J C Bamford Excavators Ltd.

View Location


Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mrs Nikki Kelley

Donor ref:Bamfors Office Staff (160/20900)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.