River Sow and Stafford Town from the West,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1830 - 1831 (c.)

Description:View of Stafford from the west.

In the centre can be seen the Broad Eye windmill, with St. Mary's Church to its right.

The bridge is the old Broad Eye or Doxey Bridge, built in 1611 to carry the main road to the castle over the Sow; it was replaced in 1879 by a steel girder bridge.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: T. Radclyffe (engraver) - Creator

Donor ref:G95.039.0001 (18/2001)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.