Stafford Viewed from Coton Hill,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1685 - 1686 (c.)

Description:View of Stafford from the east.

The churches of St. Chad's (left) and St. Mary's can be seen in the centre. Above the town, on the hill, are the remains of Stafford Castle.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1880s
Martin Street, Stafford
Martin Street, Stafford

View looking towards Greengate Street. On the left are the Old Blue Posts and ...

1900s
Playhouse Theatre, Stafford,
Playhouse Theatre, Stafford,

The Playhouse Theatre in Martin Street was formerly known as The Lyceum Theatre. ...

1920s
Corporation Street School Christmas Concert, Stafford,
Corporation Street School Christmas Concert, Stafford,

Christmas concert performed at the Borough Hall, Eastgate Street. Corporation ...

1950s
Castle Inn, Stafford,
Castle Inn, Stafford,

The Castle Inn on Eastgate Street, demolished in the 1960s. The site was redeveloped ...

1970s
Shrewsbury Arms, Stafford,
Shrewsbury Arms, Stafford,

The white building on the corner of Pitcher Bank is the Shrewsbury Arms.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: M. Burghers (engraver) - Creator

Donor ref:G95.119.0001 (18/2000)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.