Martin Street, Stafford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1930 - 1940 (c.)

Description:View looking towards Eastgate Street.

15 Martin Street, on the right, is now the Coroner's Office. On the left are the County Buildings, which opened in October 1895. The architect was Henry Thomas Hare.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1680s
Stafford Viewed from Coton Hill,
Stafford Viewed from Coton Hill,

View of Stafford from the east. The churches of St. Chad's (left) and St. Mary's ...

1850s
Martin Street, Stafford,
Martin Street, Stafford,

Watercolour painting by Great Haywood born sculptor and artist Samuel Peploe Wood ...

1880s
Martin Street, Stafford
Martin Street, Stafford

View looking towards Greengate Street. On the left are the Old Blue Posts and ...

1900s
Playhouse Theatre, Stafford,
Playhouse Theatre, Stafford,

The Playhouse Theatre in Martin Street was formerly known as The Lyceum Theatre. ...

1920s
Corporation Street School Christmas Concert, Stafford,
Corporation Street School Christmas Concert, Stafford,

Christmas concert performed at the Borough Hall, Eastgate Street. Corporation ...

1940s
Aerial View from St. Mary's Church Tower, Stafford
Aerial View from St. Mary's Church Tower, Stafford

View over Greengate Street and down Martin Street. On the right can be seen the ...

1960s
Stafford Borough and British Legion Brass Band
Stafford Borough and British Legion Brass Band

Stafford Borough and British Legion Brass Band inside Stafford Borough Hall with ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Ordering:Click the button to add the item to your basket. Follow the link for further information on ordering.

Donor ref:P97.004.0069 (18/1851)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.