English Electric Co. factory floor, Stafford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1930 - 1933 (c.)

Description:Working at the bench at the front is Arthur Chatfield.

Siemens Bros. Electrical Engineering Works opened its Lichfield Road factory in 1903, after relocating from Woolwich with 800 of its employees. The company manufactured generators, electric motors and various other electrical appliances.

The Siemens were German so at the beginning of the First World War the factory was taken over by the government and put to war work.

In 1918 Siemens merged with several companies, including Dick, Kerr and Co., to become the English Electric Co.

View Location


Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr A.A. Chatfield

Donor ref:AAC001 (153/17867)

Source: Mr A.A. Chatfield

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.