Weir pump, Mill Meece Pumping Station

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1st of January 1992 - 31st of December 1992 (c.)

Description:A weir pump is used to force water into a boiler at high pressure.

Mill Meece Pumping Station was built by Staffordshire Potteries Waterworks Company in 1912 to supplement the water supply to the Potteries. The old pumping station together with the steam driven plant, which last pumped water into the supply on December 22nd 1979, is now leased to the Mill Meece Pumping Station Preservation Trust, who officially took over the station under the auspices of the Severn Trent Water Authority on May 31st 1981.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr D Baddeley - Creator

Donor ref:DB05 (151/17820)

Source: Mr D. Baddeley

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.