The Ruins and The Orangery

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1780

Description:A view from the west front of Shugborough Hall, looking towards the River Sow and showing the Ruin, built in about 1749-1750, and the Orangery to the right, built in 1764 by James 'Athenian' Stuart and demolished around 1860.

A watercolour painting by Moses Griffith (1747-1819). It is on display at Shugborough Hall and is reproduced by courtesy of the National Trust.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Moses Griffith - Creator

Donor ref:SHUG/P/66 (143/17342)

Source: National Trust

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.